Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Powerglide ?
PLS 
"8th Year" Silver Supporting Member
PLS
Loc: Smyrna, Georgia
Reg: 06-07-12
05-07-19 11:00 AM - Post#2765890    
    In response to Gene_Schneider

Attachment: IMG_6758__2_.JPG (741.58 KB) 12 View(s)

Attachment: IMG_6771_-_Copy__3_.JPG (319.25 KB) 12 View(s)

Attachment: 57893512986__BE9150B7-605A-4EE1-B27F-2D8DB6760BEF__2_.JPG (683.1 KB) 12 View(s)

I want to thank Gene_Schneider for all of his time and help in helping me solve my problem with emails back and forth. He found that the change was made C12 09 which would be December 9, 1957 and that coincides with the section in the 1957 PCSM. As I told Gene. I hesitate to tell you this in fear of jinxing myself. Drove the car around this morning to get it up to operating temp and to recheck how and when it was slipping. A slow start like being in traffic it would slip as stated earlier. A good start, shifts smooth as silk. Placed a jack stand under driver rear axle, placed shifter to natural, backed off lock nut. As I tightened the adjusting screw my wife continually turned the wheel. I set the torque wrench to 75 in. lbs. and I think I got it up to that but the shifting linkage is in the way to get a straight shot to the screw so I had to use a universal in order get to it. By the time that I got it to where I think it was pretty close to the 75 in lbs. there was only about two threads left and the lock nut fell off. I had a piece of tape on the socket/allen with a reference mark on it. I removed the socket and placed the mark on the bottom and backed it off 4 turns then reinstalled the nut and using a regular 1/4" allen wrench to hold the screw in place while I tightened the locking nut with a 3/4" box wrench. I drove it about 5 miles with mostly slow starts and it shifts GREAT!! again I hope that I'm not jinxing myself, it may start again but for now it is fine. Thank you, thank you for your time and help. Lamar (for now happy, happy, happy)
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.462 seconds.   Total Queries: 14   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 09:51 PM