Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Powerglide ?
PLS 
"8th Year" Silver Supporting Member
PLS
Loc: Smyrna, Georgia
Reg: 06-07-12
02-05-19 07:04 AM - Post#2759066    
    In response to ragtp66

Attachment: IMG_6302.JPG (2.01 MB) 24 View(s)

Attachment: IMG_6306.JPG (537.69 KB) 15 View(s)

Attachment: IMG_6308.JPG (748.78 KB) 33 View(s)

Attachment: DSC04707.JPG (1.34 MB) 19 View(s)

Thank you I appreciate your reply and help. I pulled the hose off the modulator this morning slowly because I didn’t want trans. fluid running out if the diaphragm was ruptured but after finding no fluid, I pulled it off and a very very small amount dusty stuff came out. I pulled it off the vacuum line as well. You can see inside the end it looks rusty and both ends look the same, of course I can’t see too far unto the tube. The end of the modulator and the end of the line looks rusty, ever so light but non the less rusty. The trans was rebuilt Dec. 2013. When I began looking for someone to rebuild it I found out really quick that either they didn’t know how or just didn’t want to since it was a cast iron power glide. I can’t count the number of shops that I called before I finally found one. When I called and asked him his immediate response was “yes sir, cut my teeth on them and as a matter of fact my first new car was a 1960 Biscayne power glide”. I have called him but don’t get an answer but that was the way it was when I had it rebuilt, he just worked when he wanted to because at that time, he was in his early to mid 80’s, he may not even be with us anymore. He only worked on old stuff, A & T models and only up to the early 70’s transmissions. He had a young guy working with him so I’m going to try and go over to his shop later. It’s going to be about two weeks before I can get the car out again. I have included a picture of the fluid that he told me to use.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.184 seconds.   Total Queries: 14   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 12:33 AM