Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Nu-Relics Power Windows
American Auto Wire Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & Custom
Danchuk Catalog

Username Post: Help! - ssues with removing ignition lock
502-fivespeed-57hardtop 
Contributor
502-fivespeed-57hardtop
Loc: CT.
Reg: 09-15-07
05-22-09 04:49 PM - Post#1702797    
    In response to wurt

Stu, all the ignition locks I have ever removed you have to have the correct key for the lock to remove it, you can't use just any key, it won't work, Sometimes what I do when I get a car that has no key and the ignition is out of the lock postionion is try a bunch of different keys that I have on a large key ring, the keys are from all the 57's that I parted out over the years since the 70's, I can usually find one that will work and turn the ignition so you can pop the lock out. A friend of mine bought a 57 convertible that needed a complete restoration, the car sat for many years and the keys were lost, He asked me what could he do to remove the ignition lock assembly short of hacking up the original dash and I gave him my ring of keys and told him to try one until he found one that worked, he stood there and just laughed at me like he thought I was joking, well a few days later he stopped by and brought me my keys back and informed me that I was right, he found one that worked and was able to pop out the lock without hacking up the dash to get the assembly out. Now you can just imagine how many cars I parted out over the years, Bruce
Theres no replacement for displacement - 57 Bel Air 2 door hardtop, 502 crate motor, Richmond 5 speed, Currie 9 inch rear. 57 Bel Air 4 door wagon, 327, auto., just a fun driver car.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 2.771 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 12:09 AM