Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Powerglide ?
PLS 
"8th Year" Silver Supporting Member
PLS
Loc: Smyrna, Georgia
Reg: 06-07-12
07-12-19 12:49 PM - Post#2770540    
    In response to PLS

Attachment: IMG_7409_-_Copy.JPG (825.03 KB) 6 View(s)

Attachment: IMG_7411_-_Copy.JPG (136.35 KB) 6 View(s)

Attachment: IMG_7407.JPG (779.97 KB) 6 View(s)

Attachment: IMG_7392.JPG (811.04 KB) 6 View(s)

My original question was concerning the slipping of the transmission from low to drive then I mention the fluid leaks especially where the speedo cable connects to the gear housing. With a few emails back and forth with Gene I got the slipping problem solved. As far as the speedo cable leak my original bullet didn't have a seal and it would lead at the cable connection once the fluid drained down from the converter. I couldn't find just the seal so I just got a new gear housing and gear off eBay and installed it today, will have to wait a couple of days to see if it solved my problem. I didn't mention this in my post but I did to Gene in our emails and that was that it was shifting around 15 to 18 mph which he said that was too early and told me to shorten the linkage by adjusting it a few turns at a time but that didn't help it. I told him that I would just manually shift it until I had the chance to check it more and in the mean time I found another linkage and I know that you are not going to believe this but I have a question. Could someone with a set up like mine measure the linkage shown in the picture? The linkage that is on it now is 11

Edited by PLS on 05-31-20 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.18 seconds.   Total Queries: 14   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 08:37 PM