Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Powerglide ?
PLS 
"8th Year" Silver Supporting Member
PLS
Loc: Smyrna, Georgia
Reg: 06-07-12
05-03-19 08:20 AM - Post#2765620    
    In response to lone star

Thank you for your reply. With so much of my sand already in the bottom of my hour glass I am just trying to exhaust all of my options with this old boat anchor. Over all the transmission does pretty good except for the slip between low and drive. A normal acceleration it shifts great but in traffic where it is a slower acceleration is when the slipping occurs. When I am in that situation, I just put it in low and shift it manually to drive once I get to or past the point that it would shift on its own. As far as leaking it does in two places, one is where the speedo cable connects to the trans and that is because I don’t have the seal that is supposed to be there and I can’t find just the seal. Second, the biggest leak is where the shaft comes out at the back of the trans, the one that shifts the gears. (not sure what it is called). I finally got to talk to the guy that rebuilt it back in 2013 but didn’t get much info from him. He was an older gentleman in his early 80’s then and has since had to retire and when I talked to him last week, I couldn’t hardly understand him but he said something about adjusting the pressure and I may have misunderstood him. The ’58 shop manual gives a description of checking the pressures but nothing on adjusting them, so there may not be any adjustment, I don’t know. I feel sure that there are multitudes of cast iron power glides out there in chevyland and here on CT and surely there is at least one PG guru. Lamar
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 12:19 AM